16 February 2007

Next stages

I have Jared Bednar lined up Monday. That will be the end of what I'm calling "round 1" of interviews. I will be sifting through the interviews I've done thus far and
--pulling out notable quotes
and
--finding namedrops. These namedrops will be the basis of any further interviews.

Round two will also involve getting play by play clips--I had sent out some emails, but I should know by now that email doesn't seem to be very effective.

I've also been thinking about how to continue this beyond the mandated 30-minute documentary. I've already decided that there will be either a "director's cut" edition and/or some mini-segments on specific topics. I had thought of doing a video piece; however, I really don't know how this would be improved upon in video, and at this point I don't know if it would be for much more than embellishment. However, this morning the idea came to mind to perhaps do a larger work--say a book--on hockey in either:
--the Rust Belt (include some of the other ECHL towns--Johnstown, Wheeling, Toledo, as well as places like Erie and Pittsburgh);
--Appalachia (get into Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia some); or
--the South. This would probably have the best potential, as the level of hockey played in the Southern states is so varied, and the concept itself is somewhat contentious. I already have a name thought up if I go this route: Stars and Crossbars (a reference to the "stars and bars" Confederate flag).

Actually, that'll probably be the route I go.

No comments: