17 March 2010

A news dump post?!

Rare that I get a few different things at once to babble on, but I get just that:
  • Marshall roller hockey takes on Ohio State on April 3; in the meantime, some of them will be in another Ironman tournament, this time in Fairfax, VA--they're short a player though. Interested? Fire me off an email--ViperLS1-at-aol.com--and I'll get you in touch with the right peoples!
  • The Charleston Gazette had a nice write-up on the West Virginia Wild youth hockey program at South Charleston, who will be in the McCarthy Cup tournament in Newark, OH.
  • The SPHL is looking at Maryland--well technically it IS the South, but an interesting reach. Certainly makes the prospect of adding teams in WV in the future a bit more palatable. (props to Section 125 for spotting that one!)

2 comments:

Rick said...

Lenny,

I recently found a new indoor lacrosse league, North Atlantic Indoor Lacrosse..They currently list 2 teams the Carolina Vortex and the Huntington Hawks.. They don't say which Huntington so I thought I'd see if you'd heard anything.

Thanks

Lenny said...

Just went to their website--the guy running the league used to be the GM for Huntington's old AIFL team! This is the first I'd heard of anything, thanks!