06 January 2012

Stability

I have begun to revisit, revise, refine--really, renovate--the proposal I had started writing up last summer/fall regarding fixing the ice at the Arena. Work had stopped because of a number of factors:

  • the main computer crashed at the house
  • I was going through some personal issues at home
  • I really wasn't sure what was going on as far as whether the ice was going to be fixed or not, in large part because of those two items up there.
Things have since changed thusly:

  • the computer has been up and running
  • I've gotten myself sorted out
  • after new seats, new boiler, a completely re-done conference room, and a fixed-up exterior, they still have $2.2mil to play with
In the interim, as I had stated earlier, the Northern Professional Hockey League is quite interested in Huntington. I have them alongside the SPHL as our two best bets, despite my wariness of getting involved in an upstart league, let alone one whose only identified collaborator (so far)'s most recent venture into the hockey business ended with not one, but two mid-season collapses in the old All-American Hockey League.

I am willing to consider putting this aside in large part because, from what I've heard from the league both on their websites and in personal discussions, they seem to have a good idea of what needs to be done. Perhaps it's a matter of seeing what went wrong and what needs to be fixed--certainly something that I can sympathize with, as that's kinda how I ended up at this point.

In any case, nothing is set in stone before we know more actual information. They will be unveiling a proper business plan on Monday, as well as whittling their "wish list" of markets down. From there I'd imagine the investor search kicks into high gear for them. As for us, again, it's between them and the SPHL--low costs but uncertain stability vs. slightly higher costs but known stability.

No comments: