19 January 2012

A word or two on Wheeling

With the Nailers up for sale, I'd just like to say that as much as I'd like to see Huntington and Wheeling back together in some single-A league, I'd like it even more if the Nailers stayed put. Fortunately Shawn Rine of the Wheeling Intelligencer is reporting that there are THREE local groups that have expressed interest in buying the team.

The situation there is a prime example of why sports teams HAVE to be locally-owned. The team is being sold not because of any financial problems, but so Jim and Rob Brooks can devote more time to running the Phantoms' new arena in Allentown.

1 comment:

sports fan said...

Hi, nice site, very informative. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. We are happy to offer you a 10% discount to our Online Store if you do so. Please email me back and I would be happy to give you our link.

Thanks!

Frank
frank641w@gmail.com